Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our first batch of "Mean Green"

On his way home from work, Frank called to say that he wasn't really hungry for dinner.  Instead, he just wanted to shower and go to bed.  (He gets up at 4am and works a 12 hour shift of loading and unloading boxes all day.)

Earlier today, I made a trip to the local grocery store and picked up a few fruits and veggies to try in the Breville.  I had "organics" in my basket at first, but found that twice the size of non-organics was also half the price!  Unfortuntely, I opted for the lower priced items.

Before juicing, I scrubbed the kitchen sink and made a bath of organic vinegar and baking soda.  I also lightly "washed" the produce with baking soda.

After a wash and a rinse, we followed the recipe for "Mean Green Juice". 

In capturing the moment on my cell phone, I thought I was in "video" mode and we created a nice little piece for our first juicing experience.  Alas, it didn't record.  Instead, it took a couple of pictures, which I've attached.


Taste wise, it's kind of "neutral".  I wouldn't say it tastes "good" or "bad".  It's definitely "palatable", but will take some getting used to!   I don't start for another week, but it's nice to know what I'm getting myself into!

No comments:

Post a Comment