Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 1: This is going to be harder than I thought!

I started the day out with my glass of water with lemon squeezed in it...


...then I washed my fruit and veggies in a mixture of Organic Vinegar and Arm & Hammer baking soda. 

Here's what I made today:  1 large red apple, 2 granny smith apples,. 4 stalks of celery, 1 large cuke, 1 pear, 3 stalks of kale.  Once juiced, it made up about 40 ounces of liquid.


  Here's what it looks like freshly juiced.

I poured the mixture into a large pitcher, then poured a good amount in my glass that had ice added.  The remainder I saved to drink later.   On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best-- I'd give it a 4.  It's nothing that you "look forward to", but at the same time the taste is actually good and I didn't mind drinking it.

As the day went on, however, I had less and less desire to drink it.  I kept it very, very cold, but I think drinking it with a straw just made it harder to 'get down'.

In the end, I only ended up drink about 3/4 of it for the entire day.  My plan is a fruit drink in the morning and fruit/veggie drinks during the day.  Next time, I'll make a LOT less.

No comments:

Post a Comment