Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bought groceries! Here's what it cost...

I bought fresh fruits and vegetables to start my juice fast.  It looks like this Tuesday (June 14th) will be my "start" day. 

Organic foods were tops on my list, but the prices were "out-of-this-world".  Instead, I've decided to start with the lowest cost items that are as locally grown as possible.  For example, I picked Granny Smith apples (grown in America) instead of the apples grown in Argentina! 

Later, I'll focus on "locally grown" (preferrably within 100 miles of home) and then transition into organic only.  Honestly, I also want to make sure I'm not wasting a lot of food, too!

Here's a breakdown of what I bought:  Starting at the top center:  Red swiss chard, cukes, pineapple (freshly cut), lemons, limes, beets, carrots, red leaf lettuce, ginger,  pears, peaches, apples, melon, coconut, young coconut, green coconut, kale and celery.

The total cost was $45.52.

There are the fruits and veggies that I already had and will be using.  I don't have the exact cost, but I'll guess that this cost about $15.00              Can't wait to see how much the 60 days of juice fast will cost me!

1 comment:

  1. Did you finish your 60 day fast? If so how much did you end up spending on food? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete