Saturday, July 16, 2011

Days 24 to 33: Thanks for the inspiration Kristin and David!

I haven't posted anything in a while-- mostly because I thought it was just my mom reading the blog.

However, tonight I was surprised to see that I had two comments on my posts.  (I'm totally new to this blogging thing!)

Thank you Kristin and David for your encouragement! 

I had been substituting Bolthouse drinks and V8 juice for part of my "juicing".  But you're right, Kristin.  They just aren't the same as running fresh fruits and veggies through the machine.  And to be honest -- I got easily bored with them.

Yesterday I re-watched the movie with my 26 years old daughter (Kristas).  She is inspired and is going to "Join The Reboot".  Instead of a 60 day fast like me, she is planning to go with the 5-5-5 plan.

Here's part of an email that she recently sent to me:

 " I don't mean for this to come out wrong....its almost a compliment wrapped in an insult........but hearing my MOM was 9LBs away from MY weight was a HUGE wakeup call :(
I mean, you were on prednisone etc...plus age (no offense) and had problems losing............to see it finally work n MELT off? That was the exact point it clicked and I  was like I HAVE to do this..."


I love that kid!  (Obviously she doesn't read my blog. She hates it when I call her "kid"!

I prefer not to list my weight, but I will tell you that since I started 33 days ago, I have lost 28 pounds.  I could never imagined it would come off so fast.

I'll be honest, though--- I think a good part of it is my total disinterest in "food".  I have no appetite -- which is a first for me!  And I am back to juicing all of my meals again.

I've heard of people that "forgot to eat".  I never understood that before, but now I do.

Over the last 33 days, I've had some revelations about food (past and future).  I'll share them on my next blog.

For those of you on the same journey as I am -- BEST of LUCK and stick with it.  Every time I thought about stopping it was because a food looked or sounded good.  I would tell myself that if I still wanted it as strongly in 24 hours, then I could stop. 

So far, I'm finding that sticking with the plan far out weighs any food.  Besides, I can always have the desired food after I reach my goal -- if I still want it, that is!

Lastly-- here's the blog that inspired ME!   She kept much better records than I ever could!

http://www.challenge-myself.com/2010/03/thinking-juice-fast.html


Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting ready to start this myself and was looking for inspiration. I'm apprehensive and you've helped ease my mind. I love that if you still want it in 24 hours you can have it. Plus you forget to eat? That's a concept I've never thought of but I've seen other people forget. I would love that.

    ReplyDelete