Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Days 42 to 47.... And so it ends...

Well... I gave it my best shot.  I really wanted to make it to 60 days, but my body just rejected the juices.

Anything that I drank (juice or water) would not stay in my system for more than a few minutes.

As a result, over the course of about a week, I only consumed about 400 calories.  Surprisingly, I was just as energetic without calories as I was with! 

I believe in "listening to your body"... and mine was telling me to stop.   So I did.

I have to say, I really enjoyed the fast.  I lost 37 pounds and felt very good.  I'll definitely do it again -- but for 10 days at a time instead of 60.

I've been back to "normal" eating for not quite a week -- and I have no interest at all in junk food or processed food.

We went to a birthday party last weekend and we brought a full sized sheet cake that we made.  It was half chocolate with bavarian filling and the other half vanilla with lemon.  I touched none of it. 

In fact, I didn't touch the chips, pretzels, deli meats or any other "unhealthy" items.  I did, however, enjoy the carrots, broccoli and cerely sticks dipped in sour cream.

As for this blog, I think I'll continue it.  Instead of focusing on juicing, I'll continue the "clean / healthy eating" journey that I'm now on. 

Good luck everyone!

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing how you did 47 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss. Natural! I'm actually thinking about doing it again!!

    ReplyDelete